2017 is fast approaching and I plan to write WAYYYYY more often, but…not post them all. After all, I have to keep you entertained and don’t want you to get sick of me. I have been reading up on how to become a better writer and one of the ways is to…just write. So, that’s what I’m doing, but I want to write about things that interest me like setting goals. Every year I try to set goals that are realistic, but sometimes I mess up, like the one I just tried to do. I set out to not drink alcohol for 7 days. Well, I tried and…lasted 2 days. I like the taste of a good beer. However, I have stopped drinking red wine, which my Man doesn’t believe. He thinks it’s a phase, but I don’t think it is. I actually don’t crave it like I use to when I would start to cook. It’s only been 2 weeks, but still. that’s huge because I would drink a glass or 2 with dinner every other night. So, my new year is off to a good start.
So, this is the time to start setting new goals, but also remembering and celebrating the ones I reached from last year. Here’s a link to my bucket list of what I said I would do before I die, so in 2016 this is what I actually accomplished.
I decided to set small goals for 2017 and here they are.
1) Convince the man to take another trip south in February
2) Organize more fun with friends
3) have my business make $1,000+ a month
4) go on 1 date a week with my man = 52 dates
5) exercise a minimum of 3 days a week
6) read 1 new book every 2 months (that one might be tough)
6) volunteer for a fun charity that supports local women business or the Boys and Girls Club
7) De-clutter my space i.e. clean up my office files, get rid of clothes and shoes I no longer wear (so, if you want some stuff, text me)
8) decorate my home for under $500, includes a new couch:)
9) Do at least 3 things on my bucket list http://lafemmeottawa.com/i-have-120-things-on-my-bucket-li…/
10) and…love myself no matter what happens this year.
What are your goals for 2017?
Here’s to a wonderful 2017!