UPDATED: December 15, 2017.
Also, this is NOT for children!
Do you remember the GREAT movie the Bucket List with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman? I do and it gave me a kick in the pants to make changes.
Is there a list of things you’ve been wanting to do, but never really wrote them down and forgot about them. Then, all of a sudden you ran into someone who talked about a painting class they took and how much fun it was, or maybe you ran into a fun party friend who told you she (you know who you are…lol) she makes homemade wine, and you suddenly remembered these were things you wanted to do. Well, why aren’t you doing them? For me, it was because I put the list aside and forgot about them, but I am reading a book from Jack Canfield called The Success Principles – How to get from where you are to where you want to be. One of the exercises in the book is to write out 101 lists of things you want to do before you die. Well, I went to town on this list, but at one point I couldn’t get past 30. I won’t tell you how to do it. You can get that from the book as it’s really a good book and, you can get it for free from the public library. Ya, they still exist and…FREE books. The best part I like about the library is it forces me to read the book from start to finish in 3 weeks or else if I don’t bring it back in time, I pay a fine PER DAY! No thanks.
Here’s my list and there are now 136 I think and counting.
REMEMBER…this is before you die. NOT get it done in a week.
101(+) Life goals to do before I die
- Do Stand up paddle – DONE July 29, 2016 at the trailer – Thanks John & Cindy
NEW – Speak at 1 event about one of my stories from my book– Done! I spoke a MoMonday Niovember 13, 2017
- Be a comedian at a comedy show
Go to a magic show…now that would be awesome to take part– DONE October 28, 2016 with ma man, Patty B & Jamie. Go see a live hypnotist– Done August 18, 2016 and sad it didn’t work on me:(
- Be a contestant on a game show Family Feud with Steve Harvey. He’s funny
- NEW – Add a lock to the lock bridge in Paris or somewhere in Ottawa? I have been debating on this because the lock was for lost love, but those I love are still here. Wait, I am going to do it for Carl & George…the beautiful men whom I call Dads.
- Get up close to see an alligator in Florida, Louisiana, New Orleans, Dallas, and/or Alabama
- Go hand gliding
- Go on 1 date a week with the Man to have 52 fun memories – So far so good.
- Ride in a Hot air balloon
- Build a storage or small cottage using free wood pallets
- Scuba Dive in the ocean and find treasure
- Celebrate my 10 year anniversary (year 2021) with the Man with family/friends that is so much fun doing games, eating, laughing
- Take part in a New Years Eve scavenger hunt
- Attend my high school reunion in 2020
- Go portaging
Go horseback riding with friends and loving the ride and the air– DONE July 2017but did it alone and well, I didn’t get to run the horse. While it was nice, it wasn’t the best ride I’ve been on.
- Go see a US football game
- Have 4 orgasms in 1 day – Hey it’s my bucket list and KIDS should not be reading this!
- Do a weekend camping trip where you sleep outside and ride horses all day
- Go zip lining and scream “I love my life”
- Learn to windsurf
- Take part in a polar bear dunk
- Attend a drum camp with Camp Ocanto (drumcamps.ca)
- Attend an Eco Expo and learn and be open (ecoexpo.ca)
- Take a bar/ballet class (insideoutstudio.ca)
- Make a pattern and sew a beautiful dress to wear anytime
- Go see the Summer Olympics in a foreign country and explore the culture
- Have my body painted made to look like I’m wearing clothes
- Host a dinner party for friends, family and business partners to say thank you for being part of our life and supporting me along the way.
- Perform in a play that helps women take charge of their future and laugh watching it. Scheduled for Feb 22 & 23, 2018
- Take my best friends on a girls get away where we get massage, do yoga and eat amazing food and meditate.
- Ride an elephant
- Experience floating in space
- See Tony Robbins live and do the fire walk
Ride a bull– DONE October 21, 2016 , but it was a mechanical bull and I am totally OK with that
- Break a world record
- Get a meaningful tattoo that shows how far I’ve come and loving life
Paint beautiful images to hang in our new home on the lake.Done – I wrote article on this called “I think I’m Picaso”
- Create a calendar or journal with beautiful, inspirational, motivational and action quotes
- Get a professional modelling portfolio done (make up, hair, clothing)
- Take part in a fun fashion show
- Complete a Tri-tri marathon for my 50th birthday in January 2022
- Learn to scuba dive
- Sing a country song for a live audience
- Stomping on grapes for wine or just for fun
- Make homemade wine or champagne ( go see deals at: www.groupon.com/deals/wine-butler-6)
- Build a bench with cushion for our bedroom or closet
- Knit a hat, scarf and mittens, or slippers
- Get free tickets to Watch the Harlem Globe Trotters
- Be a model in a fun fashion show
- Run a 1/2 marathon by the age of 50
- Take part in a fun fitness competition – Girls Mud Run in August?
- Get a massage every week – ya, still haven’t done this yet.
- NEW – Do a sweat lodge clearing
- NEW – See the Northern Lights
- NEW – Try Yoga on Stand Up paddle (SUP.com)
- NEW – Do Nail art
- NEW – appear in a movie. OMG, that would be so much fun, unless it’s a scary movie, which I will then have nightmares about.
NEW – Get a fitness wrist band tracker like Fitbit or Garmon. – Done and sold it. It didnt encourage me to work out. In fact, it made my arm itchy. However, I will find a better one.
Family and Friends
rganize a fun night of games and invite the neighbors, friends, business women –DONE Aug 19 – I organize mini Olympics at our camp ground for the ladies. Its sooo much fun. Its become an annual thing.
- Spend time with my fun girls at a getaway every year – DONE Nov 4 – Fiddler Lake In with Patty cakes, Patty Payne, Carol – So much fun
- Send a personal card to a different friend every month to say thanks for being my friend and wishing them everything they dream of for the new year – changing it to when I feel it and not every month. Otherwise it feels forced. NOTE, if you see this Shelly Smith, thank you for always sending me a card. I look forward to them every year. Love you TONS!
- Send a personal card to a military personnel who needs to know that they are thought of by strangers
NEW – Try to fix some of my family relationships – DONE! I have met with both of my sisters and we are starting to spend time together.
- Go on a fun cruise ship vacation with great food and lots of ports to visit – Boo! the cruise got cancelled because of Hurricane. Oh well, guess we’ll look at next year.
- Travel to Italy, ride the gondola and eat real pizza
- Travel to Greece, eat Greek food and swim in the crystal water and sit on the edge of mountain looking out
- Travel to Thailand – eat, meditate and ride the boat and ride an elephant
- Travel to India – meditate and take a yoga class
- Travel to Las Vegas to people watch and go and see Cirque du soleil
- Travel to Nashville to listen to country bands like Garth Brooks, Tim Magraw
- Travel to San Francisco and ride the trolley
Created a website that’s fun– DONE April 9, 2016 “lafemmeottawa.com”
- NEW – Be a guest on the Marilyn Dennis show and have drinks with her. She Rocks. Congrats Marilyn on your 1000 episode. Maybe I will be there for 1,100?
- Update – Written an inspiration book that helps thousands of people change their life and have it finished by March. 31st 2018. I’m taking 2 courses and reading a book on memoir writing. Lets hope i get my shit together this time and…as they say “it’s better to have a shitty book out, then no book at all!”
- Have a plaque for being recognized for helping someone or an organization in my community
- Have 100 of my stories published in newspapers, magazines, and other author books where I am credited
- Write 352 fun date ideas for us to do – I’m at 135 I think, but some might be duplicates.
- Buy an investment cottage and have it paid in full
- Move into a beautiful 3 bedroom beautifully decorated and very cozy home with a basement and garage for the Man and an office for my business.
- Make $1 Million dollars in 1 year
- Host a recognition-awards night for part-time business owners to show off their accomplishments.
- Speak at 100 events, workshops or anywhere else they will have me. 1 down, 99 to go.
- Speak to an audience of over 1,000 people where I’m having and people are laughing and enjoying my speech
- Create a business that helps other less fortunate women learn to start their own business
- Join a mentoring group with women who are doing work they love that gives them over $100,000 a year and learn from them
- Create a mobile app that keeps you in check with your goals and gives you suggestions on ways to keep going, inspiration, actions and a plan
- Write over 50 bestselling books – decided it doesn’t have to be best sellers, but rather just written 50 books. So one down “Turn your cottage into money”, and only 49 more to go.
- Have over 100 companies calling me to speak at their events. I’m a well sought out speaker
- Teach monthly workshops that I get paid very well – I taught 3 workshops this year
- Be a teacher/facilitator at workshops across the world that pay me and my expenses
- Interview experts on my radio/podcast show
- I’m a successful author having written over 100 bestselling books (hey, I did say lifetime)
- I’m interviewed by kind journalists who believe in self development
- Created inspiring videos
- Speak at TedTalk about my life and inspire people to keep going
- Invest in other small businesses
- Buy a new trailer with an add-a-room and an patio to sit outside
- Make $100,000 + a year doing things I love
- Get a free membership at a gym that’s close to home – OK, I didn’t get a free one, but I got free stuff from Movati. Glad I signed up because they have awesome yoga classes.
- Earning $5,000 a month coming in through residual income and use part of it for business and part for fun with life.
- Have $1 million in savings for retirement at 55 years’ old
- NEW – Take a writing workshop – Done! January 10 to 30, 2018 at Carleton U
- Take self-esteem classes or get counseling to help heal my past and release my insecurities – this is a work in progress and I’m working on it and it’s really helping
- NEW – Learn to speak Spanish fluently
- Learn to teach yoga
- NEW – Learn 1 magic trick and show others
- Drink only on the weekends – working on it, but still needs work
- Learn to belly dance
- Learn to play piano
- Learn to play sax
- Play a musical instrument at a concert
- Read each religion of each country
- Write a country song that inspires people
- Pay for an all-inclusive trip for Brian, Rachel
- Learn to read faster
- Learn how to memorize – bought the DVD at the Motivate Me conference in September. Now just need to learn it.
- Hire a coach that is doing what I want to do
- Live in a warm, safe (free of crime) climate where they speak English, are friendly and willing to help me grow my business
- Speak at 50+ women’s event and inspire them/motivate them with my stories to believe they can have their dreams too
- Have my fortune read by a clairvoyant
- Meet Oprah Winfrey and say thank you for all her stories and the wonderful speakers she brings on her show
- Be on Oprah’s show and Steve Harvey and thank them for introducing my book to the world
- Meet Brene Brown and thank her for being vulnerable and telling us it’s ok to be
- Meet Lisa Nichols and thank her for changing the path for the rest of us
- Own a beautiful wardrobe that is professional and casual at the same time
- Have my own name on designer clothes that are affordable and fun
- Get my degree in psychology
- Get my degree in nutrition/dietician/fitness training
- Take a home staging course
- UPDATE – Decorate our home with beautiful furniture, art and pieces we found along our adventures – This is the project I’m working on right now to decorate our home for under$500 Canadian. – I’ve spent about 150 so far, but some of the decisions I am not happy with because they didn’t turn out.
- Black belt in martial arts. Hey, I still have lots of time to complete this one.
- Traveled all over the world after we retire from government (year 2024 or sooner) staying in places with friends and business friends we met along the way and not pay a cent!
- Get a personal assistant that will help my business grow…aaarrrrg
- Go See Jack Canfield live and learn from him
- NEW – Buy a newer park model trailer that we both love for under $25K. DONE! We take possession August 13, 2017. It’s not really new as it was on my vision board, but I somehow didn’t add it to my bucket list.
- Learn to play pickle ball and play in a league
If you have more fun ideas, please share in the comments below.
Here’s to your bucket list.