Can you relate to how I’m feeling? I’m trying to grow my business, but I’m working full-time and then when I do have some free time, I’m told I need to write an article or a blog and post it on my website and tell EVERYONE I know, then go out and network with people but what happens if you don’t these types of events i.e. dancing or just talking to strangers, and when I do meet people I have to try and get them to become clients. Don’t forget when you get home, make dinner, clean the house, take care of the dog, the kids and the man! Arrrg:( I feel exhausted just thinking about this. What happens for me when I feel like this I get paralyzed and don’t want to do anything. Do you get that way too? Well don’t worry, I have found a solution and I’m going to share it with you.
Step 1 – chunk it down.
I met with my Coach Christine and I gave her a list of things we need to do to grow my business and she said “it’s A LOT!” I knew that to mean, she won’t do all of it.lol So, I asked her to give me some suggestions to how I can make it more manageable and she broke the tasks into manageable chunks. So, instead of having a list of 42 things to do, I now have 5 things to do to grow my business. For example:
- The Plan
- Write a 1 page business plan (goals) to identify why you want to run your own business. what does it look like (vision board) and how will you keep with your goals on those tough days (affirmations), etc.
- Action Steps to get growing
- create 5 pages for my new website, find fun images to add to it, brainstorm ideas of things I can write about, etc.
- Spread the word
- create an elevator pitch to use when meeting new people (networking and having fun)
- Check in
- schedule each of these tasks, but also check after each month what happened i.e. did i get more prospects, what event had more of my ideal clients or people who could refer them to me, check my 1 page business plan to see if i’m on target and if not what do I need to do to get back there i.e. remember why I’m running a business (vision board).
Home…not so sweet home
Here’s my suggestions to help with the house chores and finding ways to reduce time and money.
- let your partner and kids know that you’re feeling overwhelmed and ask if they could help with the chores. I’m amazed when I ask nicely how he does things for me, even at times without asking.
- or do what I do and call a cleaning to come and clean at least once a month. I am SUPER happy when she does and….my man gets more loving wife because of it.
- this could be fun, but also time consuming. I look on Pinterest to find 7 day meal plans, then I prep at least 3 breakfasts & lunches and snacks and dinner we do each night because we like to eat fresh, actually he likes it more fresh than me, but he does the BBQ, so I don’t say anything:)
For me, chunking things down and asking for help has been a huge relief because I can now feel more relaxed and I have to remind myself that I don’t have to do it all, and it doesn’t have to get done right now.
Let me know what happens, and if you have other ideas please share. The more ideas we have, the more we can help each other eliminate or reduce the overwhelm.
I got a new email along with my other 120 this week, but this one caught my attention because it was about what I was looking for i.e. snacks, actually healthy snacks. I have been trying to find satisfying snacks for lunch and after dinner that are not too time consuming and costly.However, I need something else instead of trying to get enough protein without having to eat meat or drink protein shakes
Buzzfeed sent me this newsletter talking about 21 High-Protein Snacks To Eat When You’re Trying To Be Healthy
The one that caught my attention is #8 Apple Sandwiches With Almond Butter and Granola sandwitches. I tried it with both peanut butter because I like it and no granola because…I also tried it with almond butter..not a big fan of that one. I didn’t take a picture of it because I ate them already, but here’s a great one from Jenny at http://www.creativelyblooming.com.
Photo credit goes to Creatively Blooming. It just looked so amazing. She calls them nachos..Hell, I would eat those nachos any day:)
I am going to try a few more from the article, but if you have any you want to share, please do so in the comments or email them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will gladly add them to my website.
Have a great evening. I’m off to bed now. It’s 10:00pm EST.