I wanted something different this week other than cooked meat like breast chicken, steak, pork or fish and found a great idea for meatballs on eatwell101, but I changed up the recipe to meat my needs…get it “meat”…ha ha. In any case, here’s the recipe I made. Lets hope it tastes good.
BBQ’d Greek cilantro meatballs
For the meatballs:
- lean ground chicken (cheaper and healthier)
- ½ small onions, finely chopped
- Left over cilantro, finely chopped
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup (30g) bread crumbs
For the dipping sauce:
- 1 small cup size plain yogurt
- ½ lebanese cucumber, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1. Preheat your BBQ to high
- Combine with ground meat
- Scoop up the mixture to make bite size balls
- put in a tray on the bbq so they don’t fall through the cracks for 10-15 minutes, until cooked.
- Mix yogourt, cuccumbers and dill spice together.
Serve with dipping sauce, rice if you want, and tomatoes on the side.
Here’s the original recipe http://www.eatwell101.com/baked-cilantro-meatballs-recipe. I told you I don’t do the exact same thing.