Wow, I have been having trouble with my service provider and wasnt able to get onto my website, but it seems to be working again…as you can see:)
I have been up to A LOT of stuff. Here’s the run down.
Date night with ma man
we had been putting off date night for a while because we had so many other projects on the go, but this weekend, we got errrr done. We played cards at the trailer with the camp ground people. It was lots of fun. Next date for October is pistal shooting in Stittsville…woot woot:)
Writing my memoir
I have been writing stories for a few years now with the intent of making a book out of them, but I was struggling with how to make it into a book. I took some training, but it felt like they were mostly about promoting my book, and i will use those later, but right now, I need something to help me get clear on the writing and…I FINALLY found a good book. Its called “How to write a memoir in 30 days. I am on Day 4 when i should be on day 7, but that’s because the stories take a bit of time and…i need to be in the mood to write. After all, it’s my life story. However, I am not rushing as it WILL get done! But the most important part is…writing, which i am always doing. So, not to worry. Once I have the stories all together, I will share some of them with you, but for now, this is the new project I am working on. I have decided to write about the journey to writing this book on my blog. So, if you are thinking of writing a memoir, keep your eyes peeled.
Having fun – making food using mix recipes and left overs
Every Sunday, I go grocery shopping, but before I do, I usually go eat Pho soup and write my meal plan. However, this summer I have slacked because again of other projects, like our…NEW TRAILER:). It is soooo amazing and HUGE. Its a 2 bedroom. So, now when my girls weekend comes around, no one will have to tent it…unless they want to.
BUT….I’m back on menu planning because there was way too much eating out and..it was eating at my budget.
For tomorrow, it’s Slow Cooker pot roast…a la Tina🙂
Top sirloin – size? put 3 fists side by side and that’s how much.LOL. I never really look at the size, but rather the price and will I be able to get 3-4 meals .
1 pkg onion soup mix
1 1/2 cup homemade chicken broth
2 cups of water
1/4 cup of left over red wine…it smelt vinegary:(…what a waste.
- Cook the onions in a pan first. I used nothing but water. Ocne cooked, put aside in a bowl
- Put the meat in the frying pan…sear each side as much as you want. I did it for 2 minutes each.
- Slice carrots and put them at the bottom of the slow cooker before you put the meat in.
- Put the meat on top of the carrots.
- Poor the homemade chicken broth over the meat.
- Poor the onion soup package over the meat.
- Poor the 2 cups of water in the slow cooker too.
- Poor the left over red wine beside the meat and not over it. I don’t want the meat to taste like wine.
- Put the cooked onion over the meat.
- Press the slow cooker button program to low. I like to let it cook for 8 hours.
- Oh ya, don’t forget to turn off the stove after you cooked the meat
- Mine will be ready for dinner tomorrow. Mmmm, I can already smell it cooking…mmmmm
Let me know how yours turns out.